I have talked about this before how I think marriage is some kinda quagmire the way it unravels in today's world, one thing lead to another and what should have been a relation of bliss and pure joy becomes a nightmare and a prison.
If i had it my way I would want marriage to not be a marriage, that word spooks me out as it does most people i think. I would instead like to treat it as kinda running away with a friend. How often we dream of running away from our issues, our homes which feel like prisons at times, the judgemental families, the untrustworthy friendships, What If there was one person whose demons match yours, and who wants a smiliar escape, and you click , the whole nine yards, but instead of marriage you treat it like both of you finally getting to be free and get a plcae of your own, which you could make your own on your own terms, more like roommates, where there was just the two of you and nobody else, bcuz everybody else you had run away from, no one to judge you, no one whose standards you must fulfill, no yardstick to measure what kinda spouse you are, other than your own, Just two ppl who happne to love each other unconditionally and without restraint, share a home which is more like a safe haven, where none of the things which made them unhappy or stressed or caused them to doubt themselves exist, they did get married on paper but in the process, freed themselves and one other,quite unlike the marriages these days which are more centered on the Wedding and then the expectations of everybody , and is just a stressful affair from beginning to end and feels like getting out from one mental prison and ending up in another.
I would like to break away and make such a safe haven for myself, and maybe one day I might.
Sunday, May 26, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment